If you are looking for how to knit a crop top for women and knitting for beginners patterns the Summer knitted crop top is a beginner-friendly free pattern and a very fun project to make. This is a beginner knitting pattern free, so if you only know how to knit the knit stitch and the purl stitch and you know how to decrease you’ll be able to knit this crop top without problems.
The Summer knitted crop top is an easy pattern for beginners pattern and the perfect example of how simple stitches and basic techniques can make such a beautiful, chic, and elaborate finished piece that is hard to believe a beginner could knit. The seed ribbing used for this crop top is very attractive and textured and it goes perfectly with the stockinette stitch.
So don’t give up if it doesn’t look good for the first time, or the second, we all have been there! Just take that needles and practice every day if you can and you’ll become so good that even you won’t believe it! You can do it and you can be good at it!
Follow my Instagram page to see how I’m wearing my Summer knitted crop top.
For my Summer knitted crop top, I’ve used 100 g of this 100% cotton yarn (50g= 170m/ 1.76oz= 185 yards) and a 3.5 mm needle.
This yarn is made from 100% combed Turkish cotton, which is soft, flexible, and exceptionally durable. Textiles in Turkish cotton stay beautiful for many years and only get softer with use. This yarn also excels when it comes to its absorbing powers, but is quick-drying at the same time.
The color chart includes plenty of gorgeous colors, you just have to decide what color you like and get started. Here you can buy this yarn: Pure cotton fine green.
Choose your favorite color here: http://bit.ly/3m9VQ6W
ssk= slip, slip, knit; and means that you slip 1 st, slip the next, then put the left needle back into the slipped sts and knit them together.
This will create a decrease in leaning to the left.
k2tog= knit 2 together;
RS= right side;
WS= wrong side.
If you like to support my work as a crochet& knit designer and support me to provide more free patterns and designs, buy me a cup of coffee:
The gauge for the stockinette stitch for 10 x 10 cm (4 x 4 inches): 25 stitches and 36 rows.
The final dimensions of the top: are 41 cm/ 16 inches in width (82 cm/ 32 inches circumference) and 39 cm/ 15 inches long.
The instructions for the Summer knitted crop top:
The chart for the back and the front panel:
Click on the chart for a better resolution.
For my top I’ve used the seeded rib.
Cast on multiple of 4 sts plus 1. For my top, I have 105 stitches.
1.Row 1: p1, *k3, p1*, repeat *-* to end;
2. Row 2: k2, p1, *k3, p1*, rep *-* to the last 2 sts, k2.
Repeat the pattern from row 1 until you have 20 rows.
The back panel for the Summer knitted crop top:
21. Row 21: knit all stitches;
22. Row 22: purl all stitches;
Continue to knit the stockinette stitch until you have in total of 72 rows.
73. Row 73: bind off 5 stitches, knit to the end of the row. You should have 100 stitches.
74. Row 74: bind off 5 stitches, purl to the end of the row. You should have 95 stitches.
75. Row 75: bind off 3 stitches, knit to the end of the row. You should have 92 stitches.
76. Row 76: bind off 3 stitches, purl to the end of the row. You should have 89 stitches.
77. Row 77: ssk, knit to the last 2 stitches, k2tog. You should have 87 stitches.
78. Row 78: purl all stitches;
79. Row 79: ssk, knit to the last 2 stitches, k2tog. You should have 85 stitches.
80. Row 80: purl all stitches;
81. Row 81: ssk, knit to the last 2 stitches, k2tog. You should have 83 stitches.
82. Row 82: purl all stitches;
83. Row 83: ssk, knit to the last 2 stitches, k2tog. You should have 81 stitches.
84. Row 84: purl all stitches;
85. Row 85: knit all stitches;
86. Row 86: purl all stitches;
87. Row 87: p1, *k3, p1*, repeat *-* to end;
88. Row 88: k2, p1, *k3, p1*, rep *-* to the last 2 sts, k2;
89-100. Row 89-100: repeat the pattern from row 87.
The neckline and shoulders:
101. Row 101: p1, *k3, p1*, repeat *-* until you have 17 stitches on your right needle, and then bind off to the last 17 stitches. For the last 17 stitches:
p1, *k3, p1*, repeat *-* to end;
Starting with the next row we will knit every shoulder at a time.
102. Row 102: k2, p1, *k3, p1*, rep *-* to the last 2 sts, k2;
103. Row 103: p1, *k3, p1*, repeat *-* to end;
104. Row 104: k2, p1, *k3, p1*, rep *-* to the last 2 sts, k2;
105- 142. Row 105- 142: repeat rows 103-104.
Cast off and secure the last stitch. Weave in the ends.
The second shoulder:
Repeat the pattern from the first shoulder.
The front panel for the Summer knitted crop top:
Knit the front panel exactly like the back.
Sew together the front and back panels, and then sew together the shoulders too. Sew the panels together using the stitch you know how to sew.
I recommend washing the knitted top by hand or on the washing machine at a maximum of 30 Celsius degrees. I prefer 20 Celsius degrees for all my knitted items. Block the top using your favorite method.
I hope you enjoyed the Summer knitted crop top and I can’t wait to see your projects made with the Summer knitted crop top. Also, feel free to tag me when you share your project on Instagram or Facebook, or you can use the hashtag #turquoisewithvanilla.
Here is a list of my patterns for sweaters, tops, and cardigans you might enjoy as well:
Also please Subscribe to my YouTube channel for my video tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUpzoP-RDaJV1_2kvJMh5QQ/videos
*Some links may be affiliate links, allowing me to make a small commission on any products purchased through my recommendation. Please note that this does not influence my opinion or recommendations in any way.